John Ernewein Limited is a leader in Agricultural & Commercial Construction in the Walkerton area. We are located in Southwest Ontario, approx. 80KM from Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph region.
What is in it for you:
- Work for a leader in the Agricultural & Commercial Construction Industry.
- Pay is competitive $18-$26 HR + benefits (after 9 months)
- Work with an awesome team of tenured staff and industry professionals
- Free Tim Hortons on Fridays!!
Who this role is perfect for - Apply if this aligns with your interests:
- Hardworking - working conditions require individual lifting of up to 50lbs and team lifting of up to 200lbs, kneeling, crouching, working with your hands, doing general labour duties.
- Punctual, attentive to the instruction from experienced workers who will train!
- Quality, driven, and eager to learn.
- Seasonal peak work months are typical.
- From May to October/November, annually.
- The work environment is almost entirely outside! This is perfect for someone who loves working in the fresh air (rain or shine) and likes variety in their day
- The role requires some travel within the province - jobs can take place 2+ hours outside of Walkerton. If travel is required and overnight stay is needed, we cover lodging costs and give our employees a per diem.
- If you're motivated by this work, we'd love to meet you!
What you'll be doing:
- Assist in the preparation of structural foundations, build and position forms, rebar and wire.
- Assist in the assembly of grain bin structures, as well as handling and drying equipment.
- Assist in the installation of feeding systems.
- Assist in the dismantling of concrete forms and other materials after use.
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Thursday 7:00am to 5:00pm
- Friday's 7:00am to 4:00pm
- Hours can vary with job site distance
- Overtime is paid after 44 hours - the average work week is 49.5 hours (5.5 hours at time and a half)
- Be positive and courteous at all times, while maintaining a professional demeanor; be an ambassador for John Ernewein Limited.
- Physically able to perform any and all construction work activities, including but not limited to standing/sitting for long periods of time, handling sharp steel products, individually lifting and carrying heavy objects, bending, climbing, reaching and twisting
- Assist in all departments, as required and directed.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 6 - 7 months
Salary: $18.00-$26.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Personal protective equipment provided and required. Social distancing guidelines in place. Sanitization, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Walkerton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- construction: 1 year (preferred)
- English (required)
- Drivers License (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-05-08
Applicants will be contacted if we would like to conduct an in person interview.